Friday 25 September 2009

Cinema, Shopping and a Bath Mat

Wednesday morning was the first treasured lie-in all week as there were no set lessons or lectures and I only had to work on the sketchbook project. In the afternoon, my Animation course had an optional trip planned to the Cineworld at "Spytty" retail park. It's a fairly tiresome journey though. First there's the free shuttle to Newport city center, then a 15 or so minute bus to Spytty park (about £2.60 for a return) and a long walk right across the retail park as Cineworld is right at the back.

It was also tricky getting back, as the buses started running less frequently and we missed the free shuttle back to campus so had to share a taxi again. We found a cheap cab though that's only £7.50 for up to 6-7 people so it's only about a pound each! And we got a card for a special discount. :)

The film we went to see was "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs" by Sony Animation. It's about a young man (Flint) who dreams of becoming a great inventor, but sadly his inventions usually end in disaster. One day he creates a machine that can turn water into food but it is too powerful and rockets into the sky. Humiliated in front of his town, Flint hides at the docks, only to find that his machine actually does work when cheeseburgers fall from the sky!



If you've seen the trailers for this film, don't be put off. They do the film no justice as it was a real treat to watch. It was funny, entertaining, creative and very unique (it is based on the book of the same name by Judi Barrett) and full of hilarious twists and turns leaving you wondering what's about to happen next. Highly recommended and very appetising!

But enough about awesome films. Today, I received my first Tesco shopping order and it was even delivered to my flat! Definitely worthwhile, I'll have a proper meal tonight! I also had my IT induction this morning and collected a parcel from my parents at the post room. I now have a bath mat for my en-suite! Yay! ^.^

This afternoon the Animation group are having a party at 2pm, so that will be a nice treat this afternoon. I think there will be some Rock Band gaming too! Apart from that, I have lots of work for my project to be getting on with!

Thanks for reading, until next time, bye!
Love Gemma

No comments:

Post a Comment