Saturday 19 September 2009

The Journey [Updated Further]

This morning will be the last few hours spent at my home of nearly 19 years, at least until I come back for my birthday! I feel a lot of apprehension and packing has been stressful, though some excitement still remains. Speaking of packing, I never knew I had so many things! I'm probably not even that bad compared to some in terms of being materialistic, but I've basically emptied my room into suitcases and there's still loads of stuff in my room! At least it's almost over now.

There's still about a 3 hour drive down to Newport though. That'll be fun.

Hopefully Internet access will be available soon after I get there, but there are no guarantees even though I'm paying for it! Until then, there may not be any updates for a couple of days or even longer, which is why I'm taking the opportunity now.

I'm looking forward to seeing my old college friends there and meeting my new flatmates. I have a ton of artistic posters to cover the walls (and everything else) of my new room along with other personalised bits and pieces, so I think it will be my little home away from home. I'm sure I will get a bit homesick though.

I may update further with details of "The Journey".

UPDATE
After a long, arduous trip (it took four hours to get here) I am now at the University of Wales, Newport. I have Internet and an awesome room and all is well. However, I am absolutely shattered and will be going to hit the hay. Will update with further details when I am conscious and feeling human again. Ciao!

UPDATED AGAIN
 So, first day of Freshers went very well, met some of my (drunk) college friends at the Student Union (SU) Bar and watched a film at Dale's before turning in for the night. My flatmates are all media students, Steph and Rachael in Fashion and Ashton (I think) is in Photography. They are all very nice and welcoming and will have to spend some more time with them soon!

I decorated my room after some dinner and got my boyfriend, Alex, and our friend Dale to help out. My room is now plastered with posters--yay! Now that the place feels more like home (though still a bit messy) we went back to Alex's and watched a movie. That night was ok, a bit lonely but I slept well.

My cup of tea is beginning to get cold, so I should probably drink it now, I will post again soon!
Love Gemma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment