Tuesday 15 September 2009

A New Beginning

After a fleeting summer I am now about to start three years of University next Saturday (19th) which is an exciting but nerve-wracking thought. But I should probably introduce myself. My name is Gemma, I've been an artist all my life but have now taken to animation as my choice of study. I was home educated for the first 16 years of my life before taking an Interactive Media course in 2007. I completed that course last July with top grades and got into my University of choice, University of Wales, Newport.

Currently 18 years of age, I am keen to learn and work with others and adore family-orientated films and animation (but don't mind the more adult themes every once in a while). My music taste is particularly eclectic, but if I were to narrow to a genre, I would choose Progressive and Alternative Rock. I enjoy Japanese and Western animation and designing websites. Oh, and I'm currently in a relationship. :)

After that brief life story, I think it's time to get to business--not that this is a corporate blog, quite the opposite in fact. Here at "AmberDust Studios" I plan to upload short posts on what's going on in my life along with pictures, artwork, animation, sketches and the ugly works in progress that I have yet to turn into swans. Why AmberDust? Short answer: "Gemma" originates from "precious stone" and I decided to come up with a nickname that was also a name of a precious stone. In the end, a friend of mine suggested "Amber" and it stuck. As a username or title, it needed something extra to make it unique, which was how "AmberDust" was born. (In other words: my bedroom is typically coated in dust).

Now that it is getting rather late I should be getting some rest (oh, the joys of jet lag are still haunting me) but I hope that you enjoy my random little updates and stay tuned for more!

My next post will be at the start of my Fresher's Fortnight (yes, FORTNIGHT) where I will hopefully have Internet access fairly soon (I applied quite late for it...) and I'll probably have several tales to tell about flatmates, my course, my room, getting a job, and of course, drunken students! So until then, adios!

To my friends and family: I'll going to miss you all so much while I'm away, but hopefully I'll be able to post frequently enough to make it seem like I never left! (Really, you'll be sick of me eventually!)

Love, Gemma

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!!! Make the most of your first year, you'll be yearning for it later on!

    ReplyDelete