Tuesday 6 October 2009

Metamorphosis Animation Test

Hello all, my animation project is going really well so far, I've done 68 keyframes and a load of in-betweens yesterday and today. I used our line tester, Ernest last night to see how my keyframes were looking and it came out pretty well I think. You can check it out on Youtube.com below.



Note that because it's only a line test, it will look a bit jumpy. I did another version today with some extra frames and it's looking much better. I will upload the finished version at the end of the week!

This morning I had a really good lecture with James Manning about "How do we know it's good?" in reference to animation. He had some really interesting points to make about what animation is, its' purpose and what it can do for us etc. We also watched some awesome short animated films and an excerpt from FFVII: Advent Children (Yay!) as examples of 2D, computer animation and the gap between expressing the individual and satisfying the corporate industry.

The animated clips that we watched are embedded below...







I hope you enjoy these as much as we did!

Other than that, I have a nasty cold right now and have been a little off food. It's also been really wet, really grey, really cold and generally just horrid today.

Hopefully tomorrow will get better!
Love Gemma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment