Monday 12 October 2009

Up, Up, Up! [Edited]

I finally saw it! Pixar's latest animated classic, "Up"! I really can't understand why it took so long to get a UK release over here, but in some ways the wait was worth it. Quite simply, this film is beautiful. I could not believe it. Ten minutes in and I was crying my eyes out with my two friends from animation, Jess and Vikki.



A lot of it is using simple montage and very little dialogue to piece together the protagonist's (Carl Fredricksen) life with his wife, Ellie. But the imagery used is so powerful and the events so tear-jerking that you become emotionally attached in less than ten minutes. By the end of it, I was reduced to a blubbering mess, and the film had barely started.



The rest of the film of course contained laugh out loud comedy, gorgeous animation, a gripping story and all of the charm that we have come to expect from Pixar. I dare not describe the story as I would probably get so caught up I would spoil most of this amazing feature. So I will exclude the synopsis and just say that this is a must-see!



I was so touched by this film, I have never seen anything at a cinema that has made me both laugh and cry in one sitting. It was equally as enjoyable as "WALL-E" last year! And I'm definitely going to see it again next Wednesday. Memories from "Up" have been replaying in my mind since I came out of the cinema, it is full of nostalgia and sentimental value, regardless of whether you are young or old (young children in the cinema were even getting upset) or if you have a significant other or not. If you haven't seen this film, I insist you buy yourself a ticket as soon as physically possible.

Other than this there is nothing to report here! I had a fajita night with about seven other people just now and had a really good time cooking and talking. I think we are going to make a weekly thing of it, which will be really nice.

Tomorrow is another session of life drawing. I'll be inside drawing the nude model this time! Looking forward to it (but not in a wrong way of course!) when will us artists be understood???

UPDATE

My friend Zara has just uploaded her Metamorphosis animation to Youtube, please check it out as she is a wonderful artist and animator!



Love Gemma xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment